Ireland is a nation in transition. Much of the current commentary on social issues in the media is springing from a secular mindset. It is in this context that Spirit Radio is looking to appoint a broadcast journalist to help bring a fresh independent perspective informed by historical Christian faith to news and current affairs. This is a full time paid role.
The role will involve:
• Staying abreast of important national conversations.
• Researching and scripting News Stories.
• Communicating with a variety of spokespeople, commentators and experts
• Obtaining and editing related audio.
• Reading News On Air (and managing the news software)
• Selecting & editing audio from radio interviews for news.
• Relating to other News Agencies • Interview research and preparation of interview brief.
The suitable candidate will be:
• A high energy self starter able to act on their own initiative
• A person with a well formed Christian worldview, willing to grapple with some of the complex social issues.
• A bright positive personality willing to learn the skills of radio communication.
• Have strong writing and reporting skills
• Someone who has an ingrained sense of responsibility.
• Someone who enjoys working in a fast paced team setting.
• Able to communicate with brevity and creativity.
• At home in social media
• Previous experience in journalism or radio an advantage but not absolute necessity.
Spirit Radio is a Not for Profit, Listener Supported Radio Station and a Registered Charity. Salary will depend on previous experience.
• Outline in 300 words your ideas on the need for a fresh independent news service in Ireland today.
• Email with CV to Rob.firstname.lastname@example.org